Those Nearing Retirement
Retirement is one of the biggest financial decisions you will make in your lifetime. After years of working, saving and investing for retirement, everything will now change. Not only will you will be leaving your career behind but you are probably making one of your biggest lifestyle and personal changes of your life. What will you do now? Will you have enough money? How much will you need? Will it last for your entire retirement?
Retirement has changed. Decades ago most people barely lived long enough to collect Social Security. Now retirees are living several decades in retirement. They have 401(k)s, IRAs and other accounts that are subject to various IRS rules and restrictions. How can you protect your hard earned savings? What is the best way to set up your investments to provide a retirement ‘paycheck’?
The stakes are high. Going back to work at age 90 because you’ve run out of money probably won’t be an option. As a result, you cannot afford to make a mistake.
We can help you:
- Develop a realistic picture of what retirement life will look like
- Explore options such as second careers, relocating, asset protection
- Create a retirement income plan to replace your paychecks
- Make a plan that considers your changed lifestyle and expenses in retirement
- Review your investments to be sure that they are in line given your change from saving to drawing income